Do you ever feel like the energy in your home or body is off?
Negative energy can have a significant impact on your mental and physical health, making it crucial to cleanse it regularly.
While there are many ways to cleanse negative energy, one of the most effective and accessible methods is using sea salt.
Sea salt has been used for centuries to purify and cleanse negative energy from the body and home.
It’s a natural and affordable alternative to more expensive cleansing methods and can be easily incorporated into your daily routine.
Whether you’re feeling overwhelmed, stressed, or simply want to maintain a positive energy flow, sea salt can help you achieve a sense of balance and harmony.
In this article, we’ll explore the different ways you can use sea salt to cleanse negative energy from your body and home.
So, sit back, relax, and get ready to learn how to use sea salt to cleanse negative energy.
What is Negative Energy?
Negative energy is a term used to describe the negative emotions, thoughts, and feelings that can accumulate in a space or within an individual.
It can manifest in various forms, such as stress, anxiety, depression, anger, and fear. (Do you know all of the signs your home has negative energy? If not, check out this post: Symptoms of Negative Energy in Your Home (& What Causes It!) )
This bad energy can be caused by various factors, such as environmental stressors, emotional turmoil, and interpersonal conflicts.
It can also be a result of physical and mental exhaustion, as well as exposure to negative people and situations.
Negative energy can have a profound impact on a person’s mental, emotional, and physical well-being.
It can lead to a range of symptoms, such as fatigue, irritability, and sleep disturbances.
Additionally, it can affect one’s ability to think clearly, make rational decisions, and maintain healthy relationships.
The Benefits of Cleansing Negative Energy with Salt
Cleansing negative energy with sea salt has been used for centuries across various cultures.
Here are some of the benefits:
- Reduces stress and anxiety: Bathing in salt water can help relax the mind and body, reducing stress and anxiety levels.
- Enhances mood: Salt water can help improve mood and increase feelings of happiness and well-being.
- Cleanses the aura: Negative energy can attach itself to our aura, and salt water can help cleanse and purify it.
- Improves sleep: Salt water can help improve the quality of sleep by promoting relaxation and reducing stress.
- Boosts energy levels: Cleansing negative energy can help increase energy levels and improve overall vitality.
How Sea Salt Works for Cleansing Negative Energy
Sea salt has been used for centuries as a natural remedy for cleansing negative energy from the body and environment.
The salt has unique properties that make it effective in absorbing and neutralizing negative energy.
Here are a few ways sea salt works for cleansing negative energy:
- Sea salt is a natural purifier: Salt is a natural purifier that absorbs impurities and toxins from the environment. When used for cleansing negative energy, sea salt can absorb the negative energy from the body and environment, leaving it feeling refreshed and renewed.
- Sea salt is a natural conductor of energy: Salt is a natural conductor of energy, which means it can help to transfer negative energy away from the body and environment. This makes it an effective tool for cleansing negative energy.
- Sea salt has grounding properties: Salt has grounding properties that help to balance the energy in the body and environment. This can help to reduce feelings of anxiety and stress, which are often associated with negative energy.
- Sea salt has energetic history. It has been used for centuries to remove negative energy. This history means that we believe it works, so it will!
Salt works to remove negative energy from:
- Your aura
- Your home
- Your business
- Your yard
- Your office or workplace
- Your bedroom
- Your child’s bedroom
- Your car
- Dark hallways/attics/basements
- Anywhere the energy feels “off” somehow.
If you can’t quite put your finger on why an area feels bad, try using salt!
What kind of salt should you use for cleansing energy?
Sea salt, himalayan salt, or even table salt!
If you want the most energetically pure salt then choose sea salt or Himalayan salt.
You can even get it in bulk at most health food stores or even Amazon!
Just keep in mind that you’re going to throw it out once it’s done its job, so don’t buy something so expensive you’ll regret throwing it out.
If you are desperate and need salt NOW and don’t have access to a health food store just buy some table salt!
7 Methods of Removing Negative Energy with Salt
One: Salt Bowls
Salt bowls are exactly what they say they are: bowls of salt. You can place bowls of salt in the corners of rooms, in hallways, in bathrooms – anywhere you want extra cleansing power.
How to use salt bowls:
You don’t need large bowls – small ones will do!
Place them in the room (or throughout your house) for 24-72 hours.
Once the time has passed throw the salt outside in the trash. The salt has absorbed the negative energy so you don’t want to keep it in your home!
Bowls of salt are useful in:
- Dark, damp rooms or rooms that no one uses very often.
- When your home needs an overall refresh.
- When you’re cleaning your home, you can place bowls of salt out during cleaning and then throw them out after a few days.
- After your home has been full of a lot of people, visitors, or guests bringing in outside energy.
- After arguments to clear the air!
- When you’re moving into a new home and want to remove the previous owners’ energy.
- In your business or office, to refresh the energy and welcome in new opportunities.
Two: Sprinkles of Salt
If you don’t want to use a bowl of salt, you can sprinkle a little bit of salt in the corner of a room instead!
After you leave it out for a few hours or a few days, vacuum or sweep it up.
Don’t leave it for too long because it will start to break down and cause a big mess.
Also, make sure when you vacuum or sweep it up to throw it outside in the trash immediately.
Sprinkles of salt are useful when:
- You want an overall refresh or to do a quick cleanup of energy while cleaning.
- Around your front door/front porch or back door/back porch to refresh the energy and protect your home from negative energy
Three: Himalayan Salt Lamps
Himalayan salt lamps aren’t just a bohemian home trend – they are useful too!
Himalayan salt lamps absorb negative energy but they also change the ionic makeup of the air in your room, so they do double duty to change the room’s vibrations.
They are also excellent lamps to use in the evening when you are preparing for bed and want to turn off all of the blue lights in your room and relax!
Himalayan salt lamps are useful for:
- Your desk or table while you’re working
- Any room where you spend a lot of time and want continuous energy cleansing
- Anywhere you like them!
- When you want to add light to a feng shui cure, like those for money or romance!
Four: Salt Water Spray
If you don’t want to leave out bowls of salt or you’re worried sprinkling salt might ruin your floors, try a salt water spray!
Put a teaspoon of salt in a spray bottle with filtered or distilled water (usually about 4 ounces of water) and spray around the room you want to refresh.
You can even add a couple of drops of essential oils (lemon, palo santo, or lavender work well to refresh the air energetically and physically!)
Salt water spray is useful for:
- Overall room refresh
- When you need something quick and fast to change the vibration of a room
- Spraying yourself quickly when you need an aura cleanse (spray in the air and quickly walk through the aerosol – don’t spray yourself or your clothes directly)
Five: Salt bath
If your energy feels off or you’ve had a stressful day, you can use a salt bath as an aura cleanse.
Add a cup of sea salt or epsom salt, and a cup of baking soda to your bath and soak for a while.
While you’re soaking in the bath: envision the salt absorbing all of the negative energy in your body.
Then when you leave the tub and drain the water, visualize that negative energy going down the drain.
Salt baths are useful when:
- You need an energetic refresh
- You’ve been absorbing other people’s problems or feelings
- You’ve had an argument with someone
- You’ve been ill (or someone around you has been ill) and don’t want it lingering in your energy field
Six: Feng Shui Salt Water Cure
A feng shui salt water cure works similarly to a salt lamp.
It provides continual energy clearing and can be used to refresh your whole space over time and not just for a few days. Click here to learn all about how to create a feng shui salt water cure!
A salt water cure is helpful for:
- Refreshing a whole space over time
- When you have a lot of energy entering a space continuously – like in offices or businesses
- You want longer-term cleansing
Seven: Salt Burning
I love salt burning! Salt burning is a POTENT way of cleansing negative energy with sea salt! It can cleanse a whole home in just a few minutes.
This is a technique I learned from Dana, at the Tao of Dana. Here is a video that explains how to do it:
Salt burning is useful when:
- You want to cleanse a large area all at once, like a whole home
- You are doing a deep cleanse of your space (or yourself!)
- You’re ready to set new intentions
- Other energy-clearing techniques haven’t worked well or haven’t lasted
Bonus Method: Salt Wash for Your Front Door
In feng shui, your front door is where fresh energy and new opportunities enter your life.
Your front door is the energetic entrance to your life!
So when you want to welcome in new opportunities, set a new intention, or just refresh your space, a salt wash for your front door is amazing.
Here’s how you do it:
Create a salt wash for your front door with:
A bucket of water, a small amount of dish soap, and a pinch of salt.
You can also add a few drops of citrus essential oils or a teaspoon of lemon juice to attract positive energy and good vibes!
Wipe down your whole door – inside and outside.
You might be surprised at how dirty your door is.
Use the salt wash any time you’re ready to welcome in new opportunities!
You can also use it at the new moon or full moon, or every month or so to refresh your space!
Click here to learn more ways to feng shui your front door.
Preparation for Cleansing Negative Energy with Sea Salt
Choose the Right Sea Salt
When it comes to choosing the right sea salt for cleansing negative energy, it’s important to select a high-quality, unrefined sea salt. Look for sea salt that is free of additives and has a high mineral content. Himalayan pink salt is a popular choice due to its high mineral content and beautiful pink color.
Before starting the cleansing process, gather all necessary supplies.
Set an Intention
Any time you want to get rid of negative energy in a space, it’s important to set intentions. This can be done through visualization, prayer, or simply stating intentions out loud. Focusing on positive intentions such as peace, love, and harmony will help to enhance the cleansing process and promote a positive energy flow within the space.
Even More Tips for Energy Cleansing with Salt:
To Refresh Your Home or When Moving Into A New Home:
You can sprinkle a little salt all over your carpets or wood floors and vacuum it up.
Leave it for a few minutes (while you clean other things) or overnight if you’d like.
Then vacuum/sweep it up and throw it out.
For double-duty, also place salt bowls out to absorb everything lingering around your home.
You can place one bowl in each room, in hallways, the attic – or just one bowl in the center of your home.
Once you’ve thrown it out, you can also smudge!
Should You Keep Salt In Your Bedroom?
Keeping salt in your bedroom for a day or two can remove stale, stagnant energy and bad vibes.
Use small bowls of salt in the corners of your bedroom or even under the bed to absorb negative energy.
Throw the salt away after 24-48 hours.
Keeping salt in the bedroom is a great way to get rid of negative energy after arguments, illness, or even just insomnia.
If you have a guest bedroom that hasn’t been used for a while, you can even place salt bowls in the room to get it ready for guests!
Sprinkle Salt at the Entrance of Your Home
You can use salt at the entrance of your home by sprinkling it at the base of the front door or entry.
This keeps negative vibes from entering your home.
You can sweep it away after a day or two.
Don’t forget you can also use a salt wash on your front door to make sure the energy is clear too!
Removing Negative Energy in the Workplace
If you are struggling with negative energy in your workplace or office, keeping a small bowl of salt on your desk can absorb it.
Leave the bowl of salt on your desk for 24-48 hours to absorb the negative energy.
Then throw the salt away (outside of your office!)
If you’re worried about someone seeing the bowl of salt on your desk, you can also place the salt bowl underneath your desk or on a shelf behind a picture or plant.
The salt doesn’t have to be visible to absorb negative energy!
You can also smudge your office to remove bad vibes – try a sage spray or smudge spray instead of using a sage wand to make sure it’s fire safe.
Can You Use Salt Alongside Other Energy Cleansing Methods?
Yes! Especially if you have an area where the negative energy is stubborn and won’t leave (or keeps coming back!)
It can be helpful in those cases to combine salt cleansing with other methods like:
- smoke cleansing, such as burning sage, palo santo, or incense sticks
- sound cleansing, like clapping, using drums, bells, or singing bowls, hanging wind chimes, or playing music
- performing a house blessing or meditation, like a golden light or white light meditation
- using crystals to remove negative energy, like black tourmaline or black obsidian
- and don’t forget to also clean your home thoroughly and open the windows to let in fresh Chi!
Now that you know how to use salt to cleanse negative energy, you might also want to know:
- feng shui to remove negative energy from your home (and life!) – 10 easy to follow tips!
- feng shui decluttering tips (9 easy tips for creating a high vibe home)
- how to boost the positive energy of your home with feng shui
- how to use feng shui to attract what you really want
- feng shui energy flow: how to use feng shui when you feel stuck
Tuesday 9th of August 2022
Yes I love this information it has helped me so much thank you for your help
Friday 22nd of April 2022
Hi Rachel, Thanks for the information, makes sense. But I want to know is do I throw just the salt after a few days or the container that it was in? Secondly, some feng shui people say to place coins etc. Do I need to place anything in it? Also, it was mentioned to use gloves etc so as not to touch the contaminated salt? Please advise.
In our tradition, when moving to a new empty home, we just placed a large bowl of water and next to it an open packet of salt and a new broom. Then, before we move in, the salt packet and water are thrown away in a bin or flushed or just in the backyard. Is this correct process of discarding? The broom is used in the daily chores.
Thank you. Razia
Saturday 17th of July 2021
Thank you for this vital information. I will be cleansing my house from negative energy today for the first time. I will be using Himalayan pink salt. It has been around 2 years that the energy in our house has changed to the worse, and the same time that I believe I have had a spiritual awakening. I know, feel, and have seen spirits and demons all around the outside of my house and inside of my house. I need to do this cleanse before my marriage ends in a disaster. This will let me know if a deliverance will need to be done as well.