Are you struggling with getting a good night’s sleep?
Are you a light sleeper who would love to get restorative, deep sleep every night?
Do you find yourself with racing thoughts every night before bed?
If so, crystals for sleep can help!
How do crystals help with sleep?
While some crystals do contain natural minerals that could possibly help with sleep (lepidolite contains lithium, for example) most crystals that help with sleep do so by changing the energy in your bedroom.
To get the best night’s sleep, your bedroom should be set up to help calm and relax you so that you can fall asleep quickly and stay asleep longer.
Crystals help with this by calming and soothing the energy, therefore helping you relax and let go of the stress of the day.
You can also add crystals for sleep to your bedtime routine, using them to anchor you and tell your body and mind that it’s time to rest.
Let’s discuss the best crystals for sleep and how to use them!
The Best Crystals For Sleep
Rose Quartz is the stone of unconditional love.
It calms the nervous system, reduces stress, and brings love and light into your bedroom and sleeping space.
Sleeping with rose quartz or keeping rose quartz in your bedroom can also help you attract love – including self love and compassion!
Black Tourmaline calms an overactive mind, grounds and centers your personal energy and the energy in your bedroom, and cleanses negative energies from your aura and your space.
Smoky Quartz removes negative energy, helps calm racing, anxious, negative thoughts and energy, can help create pleasant dreams.
Lepidolite is the stone of transition, lepidolite can reduce stress in times of change, helps with emotional balance, creates divine connection, and restores inner peace and calm.
Amethyst has a calming and soothing energy, can help with lack of sleep or creating more restful sleep, balances the upper chakras and can help with dream interpretation.
Amethyst is also a gentle cleanser of negative energy, helping calm anxious feelings and ground your energy.
Leopard Skin Jasper
Leopard Skin Jasper creates a nurturing and restful energy in your bedroom, calms the nervous system and reduces stress.
It is also known as the journey stone, connecting you to shamanic travel.
Blue Lace Agate
Blue Lace Agate increases harmony and deep inner peace, soothes emotions and stress, nurturing and supportive.
It balances the crown, third eye, and throat chakras.
It can also help you communicate with higher realms while remaining calm and open to wisdom from the higher dimensions.
Barite relieves negative emotions, strengthens the connection to the spirit world, and helps with lucid dreaming and recall.
If you struggle with remembering your dreams, place barite near you while you sleep with the intention that you’ll remember your dreams when you wake up!
If you have a dream journal, you can place barite on top of it to help charge it with your intentions!
Aragonite is grounding, and relieves stress, anxiety, and negativity. It also clears anger and resentment.
If you are struggling with a problem right before bed, you can hold aragonite for a few moments with the intention that it will dissolve and remove those emotions so you can rest.
Clear Quartz is the master healer. It can dissolve stress and create a clear mind before bed. It also balances all of the chakras, helping keep your energy clear.
You can program it to hold any intention.
Meditating with clear quartz right before bed to clear energy and calm the nervous system.
Selenite clears negative energy and anxious thoughts.
It’s the stone of liquid light that dissolves and cleanses negative energy, calms and stabilizes emotions.
Selenite can also cleanse energy without needing to be charged or cleansed.
Sleeping near selenite can create peace and serenity throughout the night.
Danburite is a stone that creates restful sleep, peace of mind, and calm and restful energy.
If you struggle with ruminating on problems or stress, holding danburite right before bed can help calm your mind and clear the stress from your body.
Moonstone reduces emotional tension, healing, calming, creates peaceful energy, increases connection to divine energy of the moon and divine feminine.
Moonstone is also a great stone for manifesting while you sleep!
Howlite helps with sleep issues.
It is the most well-known crystal for helping with insomnia and sleep problems.
Howlite is great to stash under your pillow or under your bed to help you fall asleep and stay asleep!
Celestite creates inner peace and helps with positive dreams. Celestite can help connect you to the angelic realm.
It also opens the higher chakras to help access your inner wisdom and intuition.
Opalite can create a sense of peace, reduces insomnia, improves deep sleep, and increases restorative sleep.
Try using opalite in your evening routine or wear it throughout the evening to help calm your body and mind.
Labradorite helps with dream recall.
It can also increase your ability to bring your dreams into real life!
Labradorite is also known for helping to get rid of nightmares and sleep disturbances.
Angelite is the stone of awareness. It relieves tension and stress, connects you with your spirit guides, and soothes disharmony and anger.
Angelite balances the upper chakras, helping you receive and interpret messages from the divine and your own inner wisdom.
Scolecite can help with lucid dreaming, and receiving messages from source or your higher self.
Scolecite opens and balances the higher chakras, helping you receive and interpret messages during sleep or meditation.
You can meditate with it right before sleep for the best of both worlds!
Chrysoprase helps with nightmares, helps remove sad and intrusive thoughts, creates emotional stability, and heals and activates the heart chakra.
Chrysoprase is also known as the joy stone – if you struggle with waking up and feeling excited about your day, chrysoprase can help you change that energetic habit!
Azurite helps you interpret dream meanings, removes subconscious worry and stress, connects you to your “heavenly self” and the spirit realm, and helps you see your inner truth.
If you struggle with receiving messages in your dreams (or interpreting them later,) use azurite right before bed.
Set the intention that you’ll receive clear messages in your dreams from now on!
Honorable Mention: Himalayan Salt Lamps
Using a himalayan salt lamp before bed can help relax your body so that you go to sleep more quickly and sleep more deeply.
Himalayan salt lamps cleanse the energy in your room (and your aura!) by using the power of salt to absorb negative energy.
They also create a soft light that is better to use in the evening than blue light, helping to relax your body and lower cortisol levels.
How to Use Crystals for Sleep
There are plenty of different ways to use crystals for sleep. You can use one, all, or come up with your own!
- Keep the crystal next to your bed, on your nightstand or on the floor.
- Keep a small crystal for sleep under your pillow.
- Meditate with the crystal before you go to bed.
- Place it on your third eye, removing it right before you go to sleep.
- Create crystal water and drink it in the evenings to calm and center your energy and prepare your body for rest.
- Create a crystal grid that focuses your intentions for better sleep, lucid dreaming, or more dream recall when you wake up.
- Place a piece of crystal on top of your dream journal with the intention that you’ll recall your dreams when you wake up.
- Take a crystal bath before bed, placing your sleep crystal next to the bathtub to cleanse and recalibrate your aura.
- Hold your crystal in your palm, reciting mantras or affirmations before bed.
- Wear it for a few hours before sleep to help calm your mind and release stress from your body.
- If you have plants in your bedroom, you can place your sleep crystals near them to amplify the calm, restful energy.
- Place in your home’s feng shui health area, to help create a calm, restful environment for your whole household.
One thing to keep in mind when using crystals for sleep is whether or not you are sensitive to crystal energy.
If you are extremely sensitive to energy, keeping crystals too close to you while you sleep might actually keep you up at night, not allow you to rest fully, or create vivid dreams that make you feel extremely tired the next day.
If you try to use a crystal for sleep and find yourself lying awake, try moving it further away from your bed.
You can also work with crystals for sleep before you go to bed instead of keeping them next to you while you sleep.
This can give you the calm, centering effect without keeping them in your bedroom.
Before using your sleep crystal, you should:
- Cleanse it. This will reset your crystal’s energy so it’s clean and clear and ready to work for you. Cleansing removes any lingering energy your crystal is holding and sets it back to its original, energetic state.
- Program it. Program your crystal with your intentions – whether it’s for helping with insomnia, creating a restful bedroom, cleansing your aura, or helping with lucid dreaming or receiving messages – programming your crystal will help you call that energy in and amplify it. Programming your crystal is easy, just touch or hold your crystal. Repeat your intention to yourself, feeling the feelings of having what you want. Take a few deep breaths, intending that the crystal will hold the vibration of what you want. It is done! Your crystal is now programmed to help you with sleep!